» Future Notification Only - Eastern League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The 2015 Eastern League Champion Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, have an opening for a full-time Director of Video Production & Community Programs/Marketing Assistant beginning on or about November 1, 2015.
This position is multi-faceted within the Bowie Baysox Marketing Department. The successful candidate will have experience in video production, direction, editing in addition to customer service skills, an outgoing demeanor and the ability to work both individually and within small groups on a multitude of tasks simultaneously.
Video Director Position Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter and a team player. Must also be a multi-tasker and someone who can work with many different people at any given time on multiple projects.
- Previous experience in non-linear video editing (Adobe Premiere preferred) required.
- Experience in creation of animation graphics.
- Previous experience using and designing graphics with Adobe Photoshop or other design program(s).
- Previous experience in operating and maintaining professional video cameras and production equipment.
- Previous knowledge and operation of video editing and production software (VidBlaster preferred but not required).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Working knowledge of the game of baseball and ability to interpret and anticipate the events that will occur in a baseball game.
- Previous experience in archiving b-roll footage and using that footage in many ways including, but not limited to: Highlight reels, End-of-year Proof of Performance videos for sponsorship purposes, in-game sponsorship requirements, weekly/monthly/yearly recaps, etc.
Video Director Duties:
Assist the Assistant General Manager, Director of Marketing and Promotions Manager with execution of game night events, special events and other related needs of the organization including but not limited to:
- Planning, shooting and editing video elements for game and other team uses
- Creating still and animated graphics for in-game production use
- Recording and editing player/coach interviews pre and post-game for in-stadium and website use and post content to the Baysox website when available and appropriate
- Designing sales and marketing related items to help sell tickets to Baysox games for use to promote upcoming events in-game and online.
- Recording, logging and organizing footage from all Baysox games
- Directing the in-game video production at each Baysox home game and at other potential stadium events
- Assist in the hiring, scheduling and management of event day camera operator staff
- Work with the event day camera staff to produce a high quality video production for our fans
- Work closely with game event press box staff (Public Address announcer, Music operator, Stats operator, Scoreboard Operators and other members of the Baysox game event staff) to create a seamless event production
- Maintain detailed logs of in-event production runs and highlights for the purpose of utilizing them for future proof of performance needs and video highlights/packages
Work closely with the Sponsorship Sales Staff to:
- Create sponsorship proposals for specific potential customers throughout the season
- Deliver sponsored highlights to sales staff for the purpose of sending them on a routine basis to the sponsor
- Create a video Proof of Performance for Baysox sponsors as needed by the sponsorship sales staff
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager and Marketing Director.
Community Programs/Marketing Assistant Position Requirements:
The Community Programs & Marketing Assistant will help with the Baysox school based programs. Candidate will assist the Communications & Marketing Departments in the development and execution of promotional and marketing based initiatives. The Community Programs & Marketing Assistant will be expected to help make phone calls, set up and conduct face-to-face meetings and use e-mail correspondence as methods for building relationships with area educators and community members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Baysox school based programs while helping build and maintain a positive relationship with area schools and educators
- Assist with execution of the Baysox Read & Hit A Home Run Reading Program, Most Improved Student Program, Educator Appreciation Day & Summer Reading Programs
- Responsible for arranging and speaking at school appearances that help promote the Read & Hit A Home Run Reading Program and other various programs and promotions
- Responsible for distribution of tickets for Read & Hit A Home Run Reading Program, Most Improved Student Program, Educator Appreciation Day & Summer Reading Program
- Facilitate the development of the Baysox promotional calendar & on-field promotions
- Help oversee the Baysox Kids Club and Silver Sox Seniors Club and be a point of contact for each club
- Help Promotions Manager oversee and supervise the Baysox Orange Ambassador student program during the season, which includes interviews, mentorship and delegating projects and responsibilities to help drive awareness and ticket sales
- Help with distribution of Baysox pocket schedules in the area
- Work various off-site events that help promote the Baysox and engage current and potential fans
- All other duties as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities:
Successful candidate must have strong time management and communication skills, be well organized, and be able to contribute to a team environment. Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects, multi-task changing priorities, meet deadlines and achieve objectives. Candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire and inner motivation to succeed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design and/or Video Production and have experience in Sport Management or Sales & Marketing.
- The ability to commit to a full time work schedule starting on or about November 1, 2015.
- Previous experience working in a video production capacity for a professional sports entity or entertainment facility is a plus.
- Proficient skills in computer applications including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. and ability to learn and master new software programs. Must be able to assist Baysox staff in pulling and dumping field tarp when needed.
- Minor League Baseball experience preferred by not required
- Ability and willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends.
- Strong ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Self-starter with a strong desire and inner motivation to succeed and learn.
- Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
After reviewing applications for this position, Baysox Management will contact those they wish to interview for the position. Prior to the in-person interviews, those selected for interviews will be asked to provide samples of artwork they have designed for video, samples of video production capabilities and possibly other items from their portfolio of experience. Please do not send these items in advance of being contacted by Baysox Management to do so. Thank you for your cooperation.
This position will be open for no more than seven days and may close prior to that at the club’s discretion.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: Do you have experience in video production for a professional/collegiate sports organization 2. YES/NO: I have completed my degree program and can begin a full-time position on or about Nov. 1, 2015
1. YES/NO: Do you have experience in video production for a professional/collegiate sports organization
2. YES/NO: I have completed my degree program and can begin a full-time position on or about Nov. 1, 2015
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ