Current available jobs that best match bowie:
» Video Production Internship (2014 season) - Bowie Baysox (Bowie, MD)
» Internship Notification - Eastern League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
» Future Notification Only - Eastern League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
- Perform as “Louie” and/or "Rocko," the Baysox Mascots at all Community Appearances and all Baysox Home Games throughout the off-season and in-season.
- Actively research, pursue and schedule opportunities for “Louie” and "Rocko" to appear at community events and generate revenue from appearances
- Maintain and use all mascot costumes by adhering to a rigorous cleaning schedule and and alerting manager of repairs that are needed in a timely manner
- Assist in creating skits for promotional entertainment
- Make appearances at community events to promote Bowie Baysox Baseball, Louie's Kids Club and other stadium events
- Distribute Baysox information designed to help increase attendance at games and stadium events
- Personally interact with Baysox fans inside and outside of the stadium either in costume or out of costume when needed.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Work with the marketing staff to design, develop and implement promotional activities designed to be fun, interactive and to help sell tickets
- Work additional stadium events throughout the season
- Organize and manage events geared toward the Kids Club and Baysox Silver Sox Seniors Club, and work to sell to targeted database of registered Club Members.
- Actively "sell" the Bowie Baysox at all off-site appearances and be knowledgeable about all aspects of the Bowie Baysox product.
- Ability to work full-time hours for the duration of the internship period
- Ability to work all event dates (71 home games and additional stadium events as needed)
- Extensive Night & weekend work will be required
- Maintain a professional attitude and conduct at all times, especially while representing the Bowie Baysox organization.
- Motivated Individuals with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
- Outgoing & creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun
- Previous Customer Service Experience
- Willingness to perform wacky promotional activities on-field and in the community
- MUST be roughly between 5'9" and 6'1" in height
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
- Previous mascot performance experience preferred (but not necessary)
- Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
This position is a paid internship experience. The hired candidate will receive a monthly stipend.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I have local housing available in or near Bowie, MD 2. Yes/No: I have previous mascot performance experience. 3. Yes/No: I am able to work a FULL TIME Internship position starting in January, 2014 through September, 2014 4. Yes/No: I understand that a majority of my responsibility will be in costume, performing as a Mascot?
1. Yes/No: I have local housing available in or near Bowie, MD
2. Yes/No: I have previous mascot performance experience.
3. Yes/No: I am able to work a FULL TIME Internship position starting in January, 2014 through September, 2014
4. Yes/No: I understand that a majority of my responsibility will be in costume, performing as a Mascot?
The Bowie Baysox, Class AA Minor League Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles are seeking energetic and responsible candidates for a full-time Video Production Internship beginning on/about January 15, 2014 and ending in mid-to-late September, 2014.
The Bowie Baysox installed a brand new High Definition Toshiba Video Screen during the 2012 season. All of the equipment, including JVC HD Cameras, dual video production computer systems and full back-up system are all working as new and give the candidate selected for this position the opportunity to be creative with video production elements for not only the in-house game day entertainment but for online video production elements as well.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Previous experience in non-linear video editing (Adobe Premiere preferred) required.
• Previous experience using and designing graphics with Adobe Photoshop or other design program(s).
• Previous experience in operating and maintaining professional video cameras and production equipment.
• Previous knowledge and operation of video editing and production software (VidBlaster preferred but not required).
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Working knowledge of the game of baseball and ability to interpret and anticipate the events that will occur in a baseball game.
• Previous experience in archiving b-roll footage and using that footage in many ways including, but not limited to: Highlight reels, End-of-year Proof of Performance videos for sponsorship purposes, in-game sponsorship requirements, weekly/monthly/yearly recaps, etc.
Assist the Assistant General Manager, Director of Marketing and Promotions Manager with execution of game night events, special events and other related needs of the organization including but not limited to:
•Planning, shooting and editing video elements for game and other team uses
•Creating still and animated graphics for in-game production use
•Recording and editing player/coach interviews pre and post-game for in-stadium and website use and post content to the Baysox website when available and appropriate
•Designing sales and marketing related items to help sell tickets to Baysox games for use to promote upcoming events in-game and online
•Recording, logging and organizing footage from Baysox games
•Directing the in-game video production at each Baysox home game and at other potential stadium events
•Assist in the hiring, scheduling and management of event day camera operator staff
•Work with the event day camera staff to produce a high quality video production for our fans
•Work closely with game event press box staff (Public Address announcer, Music operator, Message Board operator, Scoreboard Operators and other members of the Baysox game event staff) to create a seamless event production
• Maintain detailed logs of in-event production runs and highlights for the purpose of utilizing them for future proof of performance needs and video highlights/packages
Work closely with the Sponsorship Sales Staff to:
o Create sponsorship proposals for specific potential customers throughout the season
o Deliver sponsored highlights to sales staff for the purpose of sending them on a routine basis to the sponsor
o Create a video Proof of Performance for Baysox sponsors as needed by the sponsorship sales staff
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager and Marketing Director.
• Completed or working on a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Sport Management, Graphic Design or Video Production.
• The ability to commit to a full time work schedule between mid-January, 2014 and mid-September 2014. Students that will be actively attending classes between these dates and are not available to work full time plus games and stadium events should not apply for this position.
• Previous experience working in a video production capacity for a professional sports entity or entertainment facility is a plus.
• Ability and willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends.
• Strong ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
• Self-starter with a strong desire and inner motivation to succeed and learn.
• Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
After reviewing applications for this position, Baysox Management will contact those they wish to interview for the position. Prior to the in-person interviews, those selected for interviews will be asked to provide samples of artwork they have designed for video, samples of video production capabilities and possibly other items from their portfolio of experience. Please do not send these items in advance of being contacted by Baysox Management to do so. Thank you for your cooperation.
This is a paid internship experience.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: I have housing available within close proximity to Bowie, MD 2. YES/NO: I am available to begin a full time work schedule on or about mid-January, 2013 and work through mid-September, 2013 3. YES/NO: I have previous video production experience in a sports related organization
1. YES/NO: I have housing available within close proximity to Bowie, MD
2. YES/NO: I am available to begin a full time work schedule on or about mid-January, 2013 and work through mid-September, 2013
3. YES/NO: I have previous video production experience in a sports related organization
From time to time, the Eastern League and its teams will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities. This is a notification only, not an application for a job.
If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Eastern League and its teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ