» Future Notification Only - Eastern League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
The Bowie Baysox Baseball Club, Class AA Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles are seeking highly motivated and energetic candidates for our Seasonal position of Mascot & Community Operations Assistant for the time period of February 2, 2015 through September 3, 2015.
Please take a look at the job description and requirements below and apply for this position only if you meet the stated requirements.
The Baysox are looking for an individual that is looking to gain experience in the sports industry or has a passion for mascoting or marketing. Individual must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all Baysox home games. Candidates who have completed a four year college degree, or be working toward a degree is a plus but not necessary. Position starts February 2, 2015 and runs through September 3, 2015. This is a seasonal position paid bi-weekly. Local candidates are preferred.
• Perform as “Louie” and/or "Rocko," the Baysox Mascots at all Community Appearances in season and off-season and all Baysox Home Games
• Perform as Louie and or Rocko in a professional manner in the stadium and at all off-site community appearances
• Help to research, pursue and schedule opportunities for “Louie” and "Rocko" to appear at community events and generate revenue from appearances
• Maintain and use all mascot costumes by adhering to a rigorous cleaning schedule and alerting manager of repairs that are needed in a timely manner
• Assist in creating skits for promotional entertainment
• Make appearances at community events to promote Bowie Baysox Baseball, Louie's Kids Club and other stadium events
• Distribute Baysox information designed to help increase attendance at games and stadium events
• Personally interact with Baysox fans inside and outside of the stadium either in costume or out of costume when needed.
• Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times.
• Work with the marketing staff to design, develop and implement promotional activities designed to be fun, interactive and to help sell tickets
• Help execute Louie’s Birthday Party by contacting and securing appearances by area mascots while developing pre-game and in-game promos that entertain fans
• Ability to work flexible hours for the duration of the job period
• Ability to work all event dates (71 home games and additional stadium events as needed)
• Extensive Night & weekend work will be required
• Maintain a professional attitude and conduct at all times, especially while representing the Bowie Baysox organization.
Other duties as assigned
• Motivated Individuals with the desire to gain experience in professional sports
• Outgoing & creative personality with a willingness and desire to have fun
• Previous customer service experience is a plus
• Willingness to perform wacky promotional activities on-field and in the community
• MUST be roughly between 5'8" and 6'1" in height
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Valid Driver’s License & Clean Driving Record
• Previous mascot performance experience preferred (but not necessary)
• Experience and ability to translate and/or converse in Spanish (not required but is a plus)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have housing in the local area? If so, where? 2. Do you have a flexible schedule and can you work nights and weekends? 3. Can you commit to working ALL 71 Baysox home games? 4. I understand that a majority of my responsibility will be performing as a mascot for the Baysox?
1. Do you have housing in the local area? If so, where?
2. Do you have a flexible schedule and can you work nights and weekends?
3. Can you commit to working ALL 71 Baysox home games?
4. I understand that a majority of my responsibility will be performing as a mascot for the Baysox?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ