Current available jobs in Retail:
» Assistant Merchandise Manager - Portland Sea Dogs (Portland, ME)
» Merchandise Assistant - Trenton Thunder (Trenton, NJ)
Organizational Description: Come be a part of the Binghamton baseball rebrand! This will be an opportunity for you to be a part of a new era of Binghamton baseball. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies are an affiliated, professional baseball team in the Eastern League that plays their home games at NYSEG Stadium in Binghamton, New York. The team is entering its 26th season of play, all of which have been affiliated with the New York Mets. However, 2017 will mark the first season that the team has its own unique, community-centric identity.
Job Description: This position is an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a functional front office within the sports industry while focusing on the fast paced world of merchandise. We are looking for motivated individuals who have exceptional motivation that can network comfortably with community leaders and build long-term relationships for the organization. This position requires a great deal of time, dedication and hard work during the season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting customers in the store, provide excellent customer service, assist in inventory management, operate fun zone stations, accounting responsibilities including cash balancing and transactions and also assisting in other departments as needed. The position begins April 2017.
Required Skills: We are looking for goal-orientated and charasmatic individuals to help push our new brand. Customer service and interpersonal skills are a necessity as you will be representing the ball club positively in the community. The ability to multi-task as well managing your time is vital to the operation. Retail experience is preferred but not required.
Position: Assistant Merchandise Store Manager
Type: Full-Time Seasonal
Start Date: March 1, 2017
End Date: September 20, 2017
Salary: $520.00/ week
Qualifications & Requirements:
- MUST be available for the full duration of the position
- Position requires long hours including nights, weekends, & holidays.
- Computer literate (knowledge of Word and Excel are a must)
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Team Player and friendly personality
- Ability to multi task with little supervision
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment. Handle high pressure situations while providing extreme customer service
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Organizational skills
- In bound and out bound calling skills a plus
- Retail experience a plus
- Manage and schedule merchandise store staff
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the Merchandise Store
- Handle phone, walk-in, and internet sales
- Assist in generating various merchandise sales reports
- Assist in inventory each month
- Responsible for maintining online store at www.seadogs.com
- Contribute promotional ideas
- Assist sales staff in ticket, group, and corporate sales
- Assist in graphic design work
- Assist with the on-field promotions
- Tarp Pulling
- Ticket Office Trained
- Front Desk Coverage when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Application: Please include resume, cover letter, and three references.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please list three references with contact info.
Candidate must be available to work January 9, 2017 through September 30, 2017.
Candidate must be available to work days and/or game nights (roughly 6-8 hours/day).
The ideal candidate should be friendly, personable, and have excellent customer service skills. Strong organizational and professional skills are a must. The merchandise assistant will work with the director of merchandising in three areas: 1) the Thunder Company Store; 2) promotional giveaways; 3) team uniforms and supplies.
- Store responsibilities include: hire, train and supervise a store staff of 10 employees.
- Re-stock store on game days including all ticketing and pricing. Set up portable retail units on game days.
- Order merchandise when required, meet with vendors and develop a merchandise buying plan. Develop and implement all store sales during the season.
- Track inventory levels during the season and do an end of season final inventory. Work on all sales reports for management.
- Maintain and change the Company store web site. This includes using Photoshop to add items to the website. Process and handle all internet orders.
- Work on all promotional giveaways from idea stage through creation of artwork. Plan and coordinate all promotional deliveries and coordinate with management on game day distribution of the giveaway.
- Coordinate the distribution of team uniforms to players and work with the clubhouse manager throughout the season. Maintain inventory on jerseys, pants and on-field caps throughout the season.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Preferred but not mandatory
START DATE: January 9, 2017 (through September 30, 2017)
COMPENSATION: Hourly wage
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ