Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Inside Sales (part time) - Trenton Thunder (Trenton, NJ)
The Bowie Baysox, the Class Double-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, are seeking an energetic and seasoned public speaker to serve as the team's On-Field Emcee for the 2017 season and possibly beyond. This is a part-time, seasonal position, paid on a per-game basis that runs from April through the end of the season.
- Perform as Baysox On-Field Emcee for the 2017 season
- Introduce all pre-game performances including parades, dance and performance groups, etc.
- Emcee pre-game ceremonies including Baysox promotions, player related awards, honoring dignitaries and members of the community, etc.
- Emcee all in-game, between innings promotions that take place on the field or in the stands - Introducing contestants and describing the on-field promotion to the fans
- Work with Baysox Full-Time employees, Press Box Staff and Interns to coordinate promotions and provide a fun and memorable experience at the ballpark
- Interact with fans on a continual basis during each Baysox game to explain and coordinate promotions so they are executed properly and in a timely manner
- Emcee post-game activities including any post-game promotions or ceremonies, firework show countdowns and Kids Base Run (takes place after every home game) announcements and assistance
- MUST have the ability to speak in front of thousands of people and speak in a clear and understandable manner
- The Bowie Baysox play Seventy (70) home games each season and the On-Field Emcee MUST be able to work a vast majority of the games - preferably Sixty (60) plus games a season
- MUST have a flexible schedule that allows you to work the entire Baysox game as well as nights and weekends between April and August (and possibly playoff games into early September).
- MUST be energetic and great at interacting with people of all ages and backgrounds
- MUST have the ability to walk up and down stairs and do a lot of walking around the ballpark
- MUST be able to arrive at the ballpark at least one hour before the game starts to review game scripts and Emcee any possible pre-game events
- Previous Emcee experience is preferred but not required
- Local Candidates are strongly preferred
Interested candidates must be at least 18 years of age and apply through Teamwork Online by submitting a resume and cover letter. If you have any video(s) of being an emcee and would like to share those, please send them to email@example.com with the subject EMCEE and include your name in the e-mail. No phone calls please.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: I reside locally to Bowie, MD
2. YES/NO: I have previous On-Field or Arena Emcee Experience
3. YES/NO: I will be able to work at least 60 of the 70 home games this season
The Thunder is seeking a sales-minded, energetic, and self-motivated individual to help grow their ticket sales. This is a part time position with the opportunity to join the ticket sales department full time if the situation presents itself. This person’s primary responsibility will be to generate sales revenue and leads through cold and warm calls. Heavy requirements will focus on cold calling, responsible for initiating contact with leads provided by management.
Success will result through the ability to do the following:
Display a consistent work ethic, making 70 daily outbound calls per day
Conduct consultative need satisfaction sales calls to identify customers’ objectives and present valued benefits
Meet and exceed targeted sales calls
Prospects and qualifies new sales leads for season tickets, mini plans, group sales and suite sales
Approximately 20-25 hours per week- scheduling times may vary, morning/evening
Sales training provided
Professionally represent the organization
Qualifications and Compensation:
Ideal position for current college student or recent graduate
Previous sales experience is preferred, not required
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally through customer-oriented activity
Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
Strong interpersonal skills a must
Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Hourly compensation as well as commission for accomplishing team and individual goals
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ