Current available jobs in Communications:
» Communications Assistant (2017 Season) - Bowie Baysox (Bowie, MD)
The Binghamton Rumble Ponies are hiring a seasonal position to assist in the Community Relations and Promotions departments as well as support the organization in all facets of operations. He/she will be responsible for helping to support our organization’s mission, vision, and values within the Southern Tier Community.
Essential Job Functions:
· Fulfill, package, and coordinate the pickup and/or drop off of donation requests
· Develop partnerships with area non-profit organizations
· Assist coordinating mascot and player appearances in Binghamton and its surrounding areas
· Help organize and plan special events at the ballpark such as clinics, events with players, and jersey auctions
· Assist with the on-field in game promotions as needed on a nightly basis
· Help with the coordination of Kids Club Events
· Assist with handling the mascot during the game
· Assist with other departments as necessary
Preferred Skill Requirements:
· Associates or Bachelor's Degree (In the process of attaining a degree in Sports Management, Sports Marketing, Business, and/or related fields)
· Detail oriented with strong verbal and written skills
· The ability to work long hours, including but not limited to weekends as well as holidays
· Minimal knowledge of the game of baseball
· Working knowledge of software systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and database systems.
· Ability to take charge and collaborate in a team environment
· Strong analytical skills including but not limited to ability to develop and display analytical charts of social and digital media data
· Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
· Positive customer service skills
· Candidate must be able to perform physically demanding aspects of the job.
· Other duties as assigned
Closing Date: 2017-04-30
The Bowie Baysox (Double-A Affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles) are currently accepting resumes for the position of Communications Assistant for the 2017 season. Those interested in applying for the position must have a flexible schedule and be able to work all Baysox home games and special events in addition to regular business hours. This position is for candidates who have completed a four year college degree. Position starts mid-March 2017 and runs through September 1, 2017. This is a full-time, seasonal position paid bi-weekly. Local candidates are preferred.
- Conduct post game interviews; write and distribute post game recaps
- Interview Baysox players, coaches and front office staff for Baysox game program and online feature stories
- Facilitate interviews with Baysox players/staff and local media
- Aid in the compilation of daily game notes and statistics for coaching staff, media and radio broadcasters
- Update standings, lineup cards, box scores and press box materials for each game
- Help generate content for Baysox social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Assist with daily upkeep of content on team website (www.baysox.com), including posting game stories, feature stories, upcoming promotions and statistical data for home and road games
- Design graphics to make website and social media attractive and useful as a sales tool
- Monitor local and online media outlets and compile press clippings
- Perform duties as Gameday stats stringer during Baysox home games – must complete Gameday pitch-by-pitch training with representatives from MLB Advanced Media prior to start of season.
- Aid in Baysox organization marketing, community outreach and sales projects.
- Other Duties as assigned by Communications Manager and Director of Marketing
- Hold a degree in communications, journalism, sport management or related field
- Previous sports writing experience and familiarity with AP style preferred
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software
- Ability to work long hours while remaining enthusiastic and energetic
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is preferred.
- Experience in a baseball press box is a plus
Applicants who are local to the Bowie, MD area or those who have area housing readily available are encouraged to apply. Housing is not provided with this position.
Applicants MUST have completed a four-year degree program and are available to begin working full-time hours on or about March 15, 2017.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: I reside locally to Bowie, MD or have housing readily available in the Bowie, MD area
2. YES/NO: I have experience with Adobe Creative Suite Software
3. YES/NO: I have previous sports writing experience?
4. YES/NO: I am experienced in Baseball Statistics, Baseball Scoring & Baseball Rules
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ